Keeping an organized and clean refrigerator is the key to saving money and food.
Often time’s food and leftovers get shoved into the back of the refrigerator then it is forgotten and sits there rotting away.
Here are 10 tips to keep your refrigerator clean and organized:
1) Keep your refrigerator cool.
2) Check the humidity of the drawers.
3) Store leftovers up to 4 days.
4) Do not mix categories of food in the same drawer.
5) Do not place milk or other items that quickly expire in the door.
6) Store meats and fish in the bottom drawers to keep juice from dripping onto other foods causing cross contamination.
7) Do not overstock the refrigerator so air can flow around the food.
8) Do not cut/chop food until you are ready to use it.
9) F.I.F.O – First in, First out. Rotate you stock to keep older items from getting lost in the back.
10) Spill it – Clean it! If you spill something clean it immediately to stop bacteria from growing. Wipe the shelves and check for unwanted items weekly.
For a more detailed explanation of these tips and to see an example of an organized refrigerator, visit Squawkfox.com.
Also visit My Clean Kitchen for tips about creating recipes and eating whole and unprocessed foods.